For Some Adding a Live Chat to your WordPress website has become a necessity.
- Do you values customers so much?
- Do you want to increase your conversion rate?
- Do you want to turn a visitor into a potential customer?
- Do you want to provide your customers with quick support?
If your answer is yes, Then Adding Live Chat on your website can do wonders. So this is a detailed guide on How To Add Live Chat To WordPress Websites For Free. This process will also work for Wix, Shopify, HTML sites, etc.
How To Add Live Chat To WordPress Website For Free
There are many plugins to add live chat To WordPress Website but not all of them are free. But for this tutorial, we are going to use Tidio Live Chat. Tidio Live is a free live chat service with Multilingual support. Most features are free. But if you want more, then you can get the paid version.
How to Set Up Tidio Live Chat For WordPress: Installation Guide
1. Create a Free Tidio Account
Register on Tidio for Free – Registration Page
2. Customization: Now, Configure your live chat – Give your chat the name “DemoChat” & Click on continue.
3. Personalize the chat according to your website/business. Click on continue. Complete all the steps.
4. Install the code on your website: select I’ll do it myself. Click on show me the code.
5.1 Adding The Tidio Code To Your WordPress Site
- Log in to your WP admin Dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Editor.
- Navigate & Open the footer.php file under theme files (right side).
- Now, Paste the Tidio code before the closing body tag ( </body>) at the bottom.
- Click on the update file.
6. Go back to your site after updating the footer.php. You should see the message icon on your WordPress site. And that’s it. This is how you Add Live Chat To WordPress Website.
Also Read : How to Add WordPress Widgets in Pages
7. Now click on the continue button on tidio’s website and then you will be redirected to the user dashboard. You can view & reply to conversations from here.
Reasons Why Live Chat is Important for Your Website
Well, I have mentioned a few points at the beginning of this article but here is a detailed analysis –
- Turn Visitor into Customer: Whether you are running campaigns or not, you lose a lot of potential customers by not answering minor questions on the spot. By adding a live chat you eliminate all the rooms for doubts.
- Boost Your Customer Support: Rather than relying on traditional customer support, Live chat might be able to solve some of the customers’ issues instantly. Live chat lets you reduce the phone support expense as well.
- Increase Your Business Credibility: Using a Live Chat can increase your business credibility as they can interact with humans instantly and easily.
- Decrease Expenses: Live Chat decreases customer service costs drastically as it requires less phone support. It also reduces long queue times & Ultimately leads to more satisfied customers.
- Reduce Response Time: Live chat can solve the long waiting time and frustrated customers. You can provide support for almost any customer with the minimum waiting time.
- Multilingual: If you run a business that covers multiple demographics or countries, You might have to hire extra support executives depending on the language. However, Most live chat service comes with auto translate based on the location.
10 Best Free WordPress Live Chat Plugins
7. Zendesk Chat
As discussed earlier, Tidio Live is one of the best free WordPress live chat plugins. Tidio is a Live Chat service that can be used across various platforms such as custom sites (HTML, React, etc.), WordPress, Shopify, Wix, etc. It is very easy to set up and use.
With almost 20.00% market share, Tawk.To is one of the most widely used free live chat services. Tawk.To is probably the best free WordPress live chat plugin. It is completely free to use and It works with WordPress seamlessly. You can give your customer service a boost with Tawk.To without paying any extra price.
Jivo Live Chat is a feature-packed live chat plugin for WordPress.Jivo is an all-in-one messenger. Jivo Chat lets you send and receive client messages via Whatsapp, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, Your support email, etc. It lets you manage all of your communication channels from one place.
Smartsupp Live Chat is another good free WordPress live chat plugin. Smartsupp is a unique live chat plugin as it combines live chat, chatbots, and video recordings. It can be a good choice for those who are looking for live chat solutions that can easily handle customers.
Click to Chat is a Whatsapp-focused live chat plugin. If you’re looking for a plugin that will integrate Whatsapp into your WordPress website, this can be a good choice. With this plugin, you can add predefined Classes name or ID names. It is not the best solution but it does the job.
Now that you know how to add live chat to WordPress Website, You should do some research on Live chat plugins (free or paid) before using them. And some live chat plugins tend to slow down WordPress sites.